Prevent an Injury at the Florida State Fair
The Florida State Fair opens today. Although a state fair can be a lot of fun, there is always a risk of getting hurt. The personal injury attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes want to provide the following tips to prevent injuries at this year’s Florida State Fair:
Amusement Ride at State Fair Safety Tips
- Read all posted rules and listen to instructions given by ride operators.
- Watch the ride with children before boarding. Point out the operator and the entrance and exit locations prior to riding. Make sure they fully understand the instructions and warnings.
- Keep all body parts (hands, arms, legs, long hair, etc.) inside the ride at all times. If you have long hair, keep it pulled up with a hat or hair tie.
- If you can’t count on a child to stay seated with hands and feet inside, don’t let them ride.
- Always use the safety equipment provided (seat belt, shoulder harness, lap bar, etc.).
- Obey minimum height, age, and weight restrictions. Never sneak children onto rides if they are too small or too young. A smaller/younger child may not be physically or developmentally able to stay safely seated.
- Know your physical conditions and limitations. If you suspect that your health could be at risk for any reason, or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind, do not ride.
General State Fair Safety Tips
- We all know Florida’s weather. Pay attention to weather forecasts and prepare appropriately.
- Be aware of your surroundings and know where you will go if you need to seek shelter from an unexpected thunderstorm.
- Wear closed toe shoes like tennis shoes, not flip-flops or sandals, to protect your feet.
- Wash your hands after petting animals, and always before eating.
- Read all instructions when viewing animals. Some animals should not be touched.
- Remember “If you see something, say something.” If you see people or activities that seem suspicious, report your observations to security.
- Have an established family plan of a location where you will meet if separated.
Following these simple tips can make your trip to the Florida State Fair much more enjoyable and save!
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes, P.A. is one of the oldest personal injury law firms in Tampa Bay. If you or a loved one is injured, contact us for a free case consultation. There is no attorneys fee or costs unless we win. Call today at 1-800-5FLALAW simply click here to schedule a free case consultation.