Wrongful Death Lawyer
- A driver looks down to send a text, and hits and kills a pedestrian in a crosswalk
- After a nurse fails to perform proper tests, a hospital patient is left unmonitored, and goes into cardiac arrest
- While a lifeguard is talking to friends and not paying attention, a young child drowns at a community pool
These are all examples of wrongful death.
Wrongful death occurs when an individual’s death is caused by the negligent or reckless behavior of another. When someone is killed, there is obviously the impact of a tragic loss of life, but the family of the deceased also faces a host of new challenges:
- Funeral expenses, plus any medical expenses related to the death
- Loss of the victim’s expected earnings
- Loss of victim’s benefits, such as medical coverage
- Mental anguish and pain and suffering
- Loss of protection, love, society, guidance, advice, etc., from the deceased
To seek compensation for their losses, and to find peace of mind by holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions, the loved ones of the victim may file a wrongful death claim. Usually, these claims are filed by a spouse of the deceased, or an immediate family member, like a parent or child. In some states, a distant family member, like a grandparent or sibling, may also have a right to compensation.
Dealing with a Wrongful Death?
While dealing with the loss of a loved one, you will have many responsibilities. While you may want to hold the responsible party accountable for their reckless or negligence actions, it may be hard to do so, with so much already on your plate. That is why an experienced wrongful death attorney is essential to your case. We understand that you are going through an incredibly difficult time, and are here to see you through every step of this challenging process. While you deal with the hardship of losing a loved one, let us help you find justice and compensation.
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes (formerly Perenich & Carroll) was founded in 1955. We are exclusively invested in helping personal injury victims — and their loved ones — win compensation and find justice. We approach every case with passion, experience, and dedication, and strive to provide the answers you need, when you need them.
If you are seeking help after a wrongful death, please contact us. We’ll see you through.