Fatal Truck Accident Attorney
Have you ever shared the road with a truck? You probably noticed how huge it was — trucks can weigh up to 10,000 pounds! Due to their size, a collision with a truck can have serious, often fatal consequences.
- About 11% of automobile accidents involve trucks.
- 98% of accidents that involve a large truck end with at least one fatality.
- In trucking accidents, the victims are usually the occupants of the smaller vehicle.
- Debris in road
- Bad weather
- Poor visibility
- Equipment failure
- Poor road conditions
- Improperly secured loads
If a driver is speeding, intoxicated, or not obeying traffic laws, a fatal accident becomes more likely. Since truck drivers often travel long distances over a short period of time, drowsy driving is a major problem.
- Brain and head injuries
- Neck injuries, like whiplash
- Back injuries
- Facial injuries from broken glass, debris, or collision with the airbags or interior of the car
- Psychological injuries from the trauma of the accident, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Injuries like a TBI or spinal damage can be incredibly serious. Injuries from a truck accident may also require surgery or expensive medical treatments.
After an accident, there is a lot to consider. If a loved one is killed, you will have to deal with any medical expenses, lost wages, funeral expenses, and your own grief and mental distress. A trusted fatal truck accident attorney can see you through the case. They can help you find the compensation you deserve for your injuries or for a loved one’s death.
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes (formerly Perenich & Carroll) was founded in 1955. We are exclusively invested in helping personal injury victims— and their loved ones — win compensation and find justice. We approach every case with passion, experience, and dedication, and strive to provide the answers you need, when you need them.
If you are seeking help after a trucking accident, please contact us. We’ll see you through.