Car Accident Lawyer
We drive to work and the grocery store, and use our cars to transport children to school and afterschool activities. On the weekends, we drive to a favorite restaurant, visit friends, or even take a little road trip. Our cars are an integral part of our work and social lives, and make travel easy and effective.
But unfortunately, using your car more often means a higher chance of being in a car accident.
In 2015, there were there were 374,602 vehicle accidents in Florida. 159,884 of these accidents resulted in injuries, and 2,700 ended with fatalities. Car crashes happen for a variety of reasons.
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driver error
- Speeding or otherwise reckless driving
- Vehicle design defects
- Dangerous road conditions
Even if you are a responsible driver, accidents can happen. A drunk driver may run a red light, or a texting driver might hit a car from behind. Unfortunately, plenty of people make reckless decisions behind the wheel, impacting other people’s lives.
In many accidents, the injuries are severe and life-changing.
- Brain and head injuries
- Neck injuries, like whiplash
- Back injuries
- Facial injuries from broken glass, debris, or collision with the airbags or interior of the car
- Psychological injuries, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
If there are serious injuries after a car accident, seeking medical treatment is, of course, the most important step. However, if you believe that another driver caused your injuries, you may also want to start considering a personal injury lawsuit.
After a car accident, an experienced attorney can help with important steps like:
- Interviewing witnesses and obtaining photographs of the accident scene, including pictures vehicle damages
- Obtaining your medical records, which can be used to show how the accident has impacted your health and life
- Advising you before you speak to an insurance adjuster or anyone else involved in the accident
Most importantly, an attorney can help you win the compensation you deserve!
For more information on how to proceed after a car accident, please see our section on car accident FAQs.
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes (formerly Perenich & Carroll) was founded in 1955. We are exclusively invested in helping personal injury victims— and their loved ones — win compensation and find justice. We approach every case with passion, experience, and dedication, and strive to provide the answers you need, when you need them.
If you are seeking help after a car accident, please contact us. We’ll see you through.