Recall Roundup: March 2018
Welcome to the March 2018 Recall Roundup!
As the saying goes, March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. But for people who found themselves faced with a defective or dangerous product, this month might have been anything but gentle and sweet! Is a recalled product lurking in your home? Find out with the March 2018 edition of Recall Roundup!
Food products accounted for many of the recalled products in March 2018. Most of them were for undeclared allergens, including a nut-free product which ironically included nuts. When a product contains an undeclared allergen, it is usually a simple mistake on the company’s part. However, it can cause serious harm to people with food allergies.
Recalled Food Products
- Weis Markets cole slaw, undeclared allergen
- Piggie Park Enterprises BBQ sauce, undeclared allergen
- Vietti Foods hot dog chili sauce, undeclared allergen
- Chris’s Cookies chocolate chip cookies, undeclared allergen
- Schwartz Brothers Bakery gourmet cream cheese cinnamon rolls, undeclared allergen
- Midwest Northern Nut nut and seed snacks, undeclared allergen
- Heartland catfish products, possible chemical contamination
- Mickey Brown beef burritos, did not undergo federal inspection
“People food” wasn’t the only issue this month, either. Two brands of pet food, Blue Ridge Beef and Steve’s Real Food, also experienced product recalls. In both cases, the issue was the potential for salmonella, a bacterium that causes symptoms like vomiting, lethargy, and dehydration in dogs. Salmonella can also spread from dogs to humans, which means that these recalls are an issue for both human and not-human members of your household.
On the Road
March is a time for spring break roads trips or summer vacation planning. But before you hit the road, make sure your vehicle is defect-free and ready for the journey. Some vehicles manufacturers that recalled products this month include:
Look Out For These Products
With kids home for spring break or out enjoying the beautiful weather, the recall of a children’s product is the last thing any parent wants to deal with. Unfortunately, a few children’s products were recalled during March 2018:
- Lemur Group children’s sleepwear, did not meet flammability standards
- Graco highchairs, fall hazard
- Topson Downs star-studded jeans, laceration hazard
- Radio Flyer electric wagons, improper wiring
- Jewett Cameron Company children’s tents, laceration hazard
Do you own any of these products? If you do, visit our Dealing with a Recall blog for more information on the next steps. And be sure to tune in again next month for our newest installment of Recall Roundup!
The attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes represent those involved in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and other types of personal injury matters. Our firm is one of the oldest personal injury law firms in Tampa Bay. There are no attorneys’ fees or costs unless we prevail for you. Call our office 24 hours a day at 727-796-8282 or simply click here to schedule a free case consultation.