Holiday Safety Tips
Celebrating during the holiday season can be an enjoyable time for family and friends. Many people travel and visit family and friends who live far away. Unfortunately, this time of year hundreds of people are injured or lose their lives from car accidents. The following holiday safety tips are given with our sincere wish that you have a joyous and safe holiday season.
- Plan your route beforehand. Allow yourself plenty of time to arrive at your destination, you can drive at safer speeds, take adequate rest breaks, and keep your stress levels down.
- Before you go, check the condition of your car, including your tire pressure, oil, and lights. Carry a spare tire and emergency equipment with you in case of an accident.
- Keep your passengers safe. Always buckle up!
- Plan out a route with alternatives. Get directions in advance, in case of bad weather or traffic congestion.
- Listen to the local radio for weather conditions and construction on highways.
- Keep interruptions to a minimum. Provide children with plenty of their own distractions, and always pull to the side of the road to use your cell phone.
- Don’t drink and drive. Designate a driver if there will be drinking at your holiday celebration.
These safety tips may prevent a tragedy during the upcoming holiday season. However, we at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril, Noyes & Perenich, P.A. know that no matter how safe you drive, other drivers are not as careful. If you or a friend or family member is injured in a car accident this holiday season give us a call at 727-796-8282 before calling the insurance company. Insurance companies have attorneys looking out for their best interest, so should you!