Have A Happy And Safe Halloween!
With Halloween just over a week away, it’s time to prepare! It’s time to start perfecting those costumes, map out those trick-or-treating routes (make sure you hit the best houses in the neighborhood!) and buy loads of candy for all the cute kids that will be stopping by. With all the fun and sugary excitement this holiday can bring, it is also important to keep your kids, and loved ones safe while out collecting all those candy bars.
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Put electronic devices down and keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
Keep Costumes Creative and Safe
- Since it will be dark, decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light and bright colors.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
Drive Safely on Halloween
- Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
- Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians and on curbs.
- Eliminate any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
We want everyone to have fun this year and that includes looking out for the safety of others. If you, a family member, or a friend is injured as a result of the negligence of another person on Halloween, ALWAYS speak with an attorney about your legal rights!
The attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes represent those involved in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and other types of personal injury matters. Our firm is one of the oldest personal injury law firms in Tampa Bay. There are no attorneys’ fees or costs unless we prevail for you. Call our office 24 hours a day at 727-796-8282 or simply click here to schedule a free case consultation.