Our Guide to Back-to-School Safety
Wave hello to the friendly crossing guards and goodbye to the freedom of summer—the first day of school is here! From kindergartners kicking off their education career to middle school students riding the bus for the first time to high school seniors getting ready to enjoy their final year, everyone has something to look forward to. It can be bittersweet to see summer go, but there is so much to be excited about.
Ready for School?
Since our firm has been around since 1955, we’ve seen a lot of first days of school come and go. This means that we know a lot about back-to-school safety! Over the years, we’ve written many blogs about staying safe at school, covering topics from school bus safety to how to liability for an accident at school. We have safety tips for everyone from daycare-aged children to young adults heading off for college.
To get you or your child ready for the school year, we’ve put together a list of some of our back-to-school safety themed posts.
Our List of Back-to-School Resources
- Big yellow buses are a common sight on the roads during the school year. But do you know how to safely share the road with a bus? To find out more, check out this blog on school bus safety.
- For parents who drive their kids to school or daycare, reading about recent tragedies involving children left in heart cars is frightening and heartbreaking. We have some tips and statistics to help put your mind at ease.
- Whether you’re going to be on the football field, the basketball court, or just hitting the gym after school, learn about the dangers of concussions and other head injuries and how you can prevent them.
- And make sure you get your sports physicals—and know who is liable if an undiagnosed condition leads to an illness or injury during a game.
- Don’t just sign permission slips without reading them! This blog breaks down the complications of liability during field trips and other school events.
- Did you know that 30% of students experience moderate or frequent bullying at school? Learn more about bullying statistics, and who is accountable for injuries or even wrongful deaths that result from bullying.
- If your student keeps coming home with a ridiculously heavy backpack, read up on how to prevent back and neck injuries.
- After the horrific shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in South Florida, many parents might be worried about their own child encountering violence at school. Here is a blog about what to do if the unthinkable happens.
- Heading off to college? Read this first!
Have a safe, happy, and educational school year!
The attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes represent those involved in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and other types of personal injury matters. Our firm is one of the oldest personal injury law firms in Tampa Bay. There are no attorneys’ fees or costs unless we prevail for you. Call our office 24 hours a day at 727-796-8282 or simply click here to schedule a free case consultation.