A Thanksgiving Recipe!
What’s your favorite recipe?
Thanksgiving is next week! I’m sure many of us are already planning our grocery list and deciding which recipes will end up on our dinner table this year.
Every year, my family calls upon me to make my banana pudding. And I must say, it is VERY good! The trick is using just the right amount of vanilla wafers and whipped cream. The chill time in the fridge is important, too.
But this year, I thought about adding a little twist to what I prepare for Thanksgiving. I want to try a Banana Pudding Cake. Want to try it with me? Here’s the recipe!
- Cooking spray
- 1 package (15.25 ounces) of yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 packages (3.5 ounces) of instant banana pudding mix
- 1 container (8 ounces) of Cool Whip, thawed
- 20 vanilla wafers, crushed
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Ready In: 2 hours, 55 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a bowl until just moistened. Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or about 34 to 38 minutes. Cool in the baking dish for 2 to 3 minutes. Poke several holes into the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon. Be sure to poke all the way through to the bottom of the cake.
- Stir milk and pudding mix together in another bowl until smooth. Let pudding rest until it begins to thicken slightly, but is not fully set, about 2 minutes. Pour pudding over cake and spread evenly, making sure to fill each hole completely. Chill cake in the refrigerator until cake is cooled and pudding is set, about 2 hours.
- Spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafers just before serving.
Enjoy! In the comments, tell us your favorite holiday recipes!
The attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes represent those involved in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and other types of personal injury matters. Our firm is one of the oldest personal injury law firms in Tampa Bay. There are no attorneys’ fees or costs unless we prevail for you. Call our office 24 hours a day at 727-796-8282 or simply click here to schedule a free case consultation.