Spring Break – Watch Out For Distracted Drivers!
- Posted by bayshore
- Posted in Auto-Pedestrian AccidentsBoating AccidentsCar AccidentsPedestrian Accidents
Spring break in Florida can be a lot of fun for tourists, but a nightmare for locals on the road, especially the beach roads. Many car accidents and pedestrian accidents occur during Spring Break because of the Spring Breakers’ unfamiliarity of Tampa Bay’s roads and their concentration on other things besides safe driving. Unfortunately, many automobile accident injuries are also caused by drinking and driving while on Spring Break.
Helpful Tips for a Safe Spring Break in Florida
The Florida Highway Patrol recently posted these tips to help everyone enjoy Spring Break safely:
- The legal drinking age in Florida is 21. Anyone under the age of 21 in possession of alcohol can be cited for a second-degree misdemeanor, which could result in court costs, fines and other legal consequences.
- Selling alcohol to anyone under 21 or buying alcohol for anyone under 21 is also a misdemeanor.
- Possession of an open alcoholic beverage container in a vehicle – whether the vehicle is in motion or stopped – by the driver and/or passenger is a violation of Florida law.
- A taxi or bus ride is much cheaper than a DUI. Plan ahead if you plan to drink alcohol.
- Take the keys from an impaired friend.
- Watch out for combining alcohol with medicines. It could have deadly consequences.
- Watch the sun intake and alcohol consumption. Too much of both could result in impairment.
- Dial *FHP (*347) on your cell phone to report an impaired driver.
Even the locals need to be alert about these Spring Break tips. Remember, Spring Breakers who cause car accidents don’t only crash into other spring breakers. You and I have families that are at risk from Spring Breakers who may celebrate too much. If you or a family member is injured by a Spring Breaker that parties a little too hard, contact a personal injury attorney today!
Drive safely and watch out for those who don’t. It could make or break your Spring Break!
The attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes represents those injured in car accidents, motorcycle crashes, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents and other types of personal injury matters during Spring Break and all year round. Our firm is one of the oldest personal injury law firms in Tampa Bay. There is no attorneys’ fees or costs unless we prevail for you. Call our office 24 hours a day at 727-796-8282 or simply click here to schedule a free case consultation.